Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Take off the mask!

I take off the mask because I wanted to express who I really am, warts and all, strengths and weaknesses, beauty and imperfections.

What are these masks we wear?
The mask of happiness - when in truth we are really hurting deep within
The mask of knowledge - when in truth there are many things we do not know yet
The mask of wholeness - when we really need healing both physically and emotionally
The mask of perfection - when we needed to reveal our flaws and be accepted for who we are
The mask of courage - when in truth, we were afraid of many things
The mask of strength - when we were really in need of friend
The mask of invulnerability - when in truth, we needed to be loved
The mask of righteousness - when we are aware of our shortcomings in loving the people dearest to us

What made us wear those masks?
1.Our fear of rejection, and our need for people's approval
2.Our need to be loved
3.Our need to be respected and to be credible enough so people would believe what we say
4.Our pride
5.Our fear of getting hurt when we expose ourselves and get judged or condemned.

But I have realized however, that without taking off those masks, I could never really find my heaven, I couldn't be truly happy. Even if I be accepted and loved for my masks, it is the mask that gets to be loved, not the real person, the real "me" hiding behind the mask. So I am off these masks and hope all of you are also with me in this.

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised that no one has commented on this! I was just looking up quotes about wearing masks and this is honestly the only one (out of over 30 quotes) that stood out to me. Thank you for this (:

    ReplyDelete